Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sick + IBS = Ick but skinnier

IBS and the Gold's Gym Challenge
Post #13
Week 3, day 4 and 5

Yesterday I went to the gym at 4:30am and had a kick butt workout. I was sad that the scale had gone up since hitting 167 but remembering that my pants fit better helped. At work, somewhere around 10am I started to feel nauseous and knowing that a stomach virus is going around our school started to worry. Then I thought, it could just be my IBS. What have I eaten lately? Anything adventurous? There was that oyster, but that was 2 days ago. Could the spaghetti sauce last night have been bad? Nope, pretty fresh, and husband ate it too and he's fine. That doesn't mean its not that... duh, you have IBS. Finally after throwing up, I concluded that I most likely have a virus and am not suffering an IBS attack by itself.

I went home from work and my fever went up and I was sick for hours. After the vomiting ended, the IBS took over. See, anytime you have an anomaly with digestion, it is compounded by the IBS. I can't tell where the virus stops (and I am not contagious any more) and where my IBS symptoms begin (and I can try to be around people.) Even right now, I am not sure if my headache and frequent bathroom trips are due to the IBS or the virus. It doesn't really matter except that I don't want to give others my sickness so I end up missing more of life to be on the safe side.

My favorite pic of me at 151

Now I'm bummed because I want to go to the gym but I feel awful and certainly can't work out. I haven't been able to eat much of anything either so I guess it balances out. I will hopefully be feeling better soon and able to get back in to routine.

I tried to go back this morning (day after) and wasn't able to do much. My system is still unstable though my fever and chills are gone at the moment. I weighed myself and I'm now down 10 lbs to 166. Hopefully none of that is muscle mass since I only missed 2 workouts (1 day). Hopefully I'll be able to work out this evening and keep the momentum going in the "ahem" right direction. Comments about sickness weightloss? IBS-Ds or swingers?


No comments:

Post a Comment