Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fatigue-Victory and Defeat Post #8

IBS and the Gold's Gym 12 week challenge
Post #8, Week 2, day 5

Fatigue is a funny thing. When it hits you can do one of many things...

1. Eat something for energy
2. Take a nap
3. Take caffeine
4. Do something active to get your blood going

So what do you do when you try all of these and you still feel like you could sleep for a week? As my husband says, "rinse and repeat." It all hit me around 3pm. I nearly fell asleep driving home from work. I started to combat it with some food which helped for a millisecond and then I got sleepy. I tried napping but I had anxiety filled dreams and woke up exhausted and upset. I decided to take a walk and clear my head and stopped to get some coffee. I was still quite tired and couldn't fathom the gym at that point so I decided have some light dinner around 7pm and then when all else failed, I worked out. I'm still tired but less anxious and I'm ready to "rinse and repeat" tomorrow and see if I feel any better. I am still adjusting to the new medications for depression and IBS so I'm not surprised by today. I'm just hoping its not a trend as I thought I finally found a balance that works. Only time will tell...

Workout/Meals
5:00am - 1hr cardio w/ light strength training in circuit
6:15am- Vegan Protein Shake
8:00am- Organic Greek Yogurt
10:00am - Organic Peanut Butter Puffins Cereal (snack)
12:30pm - Spinach Salad with Chicken and Veggies
3:00pm - Homemade steak sandwich (bread and steak only)
4:00pm Nap
5:00pm Skinny Soy Latte
7:00pm - Potato Gnocchi and marinara sauce
9:00pm 20 min Jog

Weight back to 167. Down 9 lbs and 2.5% body fat. Calories in @1500 calories out 2400.

No comments:

Post a Comment