Saturday, February 11, 2012

IBS and the Gold's Gym Challenge
Post #3- Week 2, Day 1

A couple of great things happened this morning. One, I woke up feeling great and decided to run. I ran for 30 minutes, then had some greek yogurt, cleaned a bit, and went to the gym. I took one half of an intense cardio class and started to feel drained so when the class switched to strength training I left. Two, I ran into my trainer who told me to drink some calories, i.e. an energy drink such as Gatorade. He also said to eat a bigger breakfast. I listened and went to Bruggers next door and got a skinny whole wheat bagel with turkey and a full calorie vitamin water. 20 minutes later I was ready to get back to it and went back for body pump and had a great time.


Your body will tell you when it needs fuel, don't forget to listen! That was my big revelation of the day. On the flip side, its difficult for those without IBS-C to understand our bodies are very slow at digestion and while we HAVE TO boost it with activity to be close to normal digesters. Striking the balance between following the "eat more to boost your metabolism" and what my body can handle is difficult. I have to keep listening to my own body and its needs on both sides and eat when I'm hungry and don't when I'm not. It's a problem with this balance that got me here in the first place so I am cautiously optimistic that I am starting to figure it out.
Me at the Original Primanti in the Burgh
Before the weight came back. Wonder how? :)



Last time I lost weight, I was hungry all the time and that caused me to rebound and gain it back. This time I'm not hungry all the time. Eating veggies (now that I know which ones won't make my IBS flair up) and eating many times daily are helping with this. 

I tend to eat more in the morning now and less at night which is good from what I read and have been told by professionals. I want sustainable weight loss and I feel like I am starting to find it. Hopefully I'll go dance the night away and have a blast with friends while keeping my metabolism high :)


167.5 lbs today. That's down 8.5 lbs in 8 days. People at the gym are noticing the difference and so I am I. Go challenge, go Chauncy, go food, go body, and go me!


No comments:

Post a Comment